International PharmaScience Center (IPC)
Believing in the power of science
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. We are leaders in reproductive medicine and maternal health and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology.
Ferrings largest Research and Development center is located in Denmark. At the International PharmaScience Center (IPC) in Copenhagen, we are close to 600 people primarily scientists and specialists working to break new land to the benefit of patients globally.
We drive and execute product innovation and development of new molecular entities. Furthermore, we develop improvements of our existing marketed products to better meet patient needs or address new disease areas.
We focus our R&D efforts and strive to maintain our leadership by:
- Focusing on novel peptide-based drugs, biotechnology derived medicines, microbiome space and Adeno-virus based gene-therapy
- Adapting existing peptide-based medications to meet specific medical needs
- Personalizing and making precision medicine in our therapeutic areas
- Investing in cutting-edge science and technology
- Developing innovative, effective and patient friendly drug delivery systems
- Being a collaborative and informative partner with all Health Agencies around the globe
Ferring’s R&D activities are focused on the development of first-in-class products in our key therapeutic areas.
We invest heavily in creating new medicines through our research and development centers and research collaboration with scientific institutes, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies across the globe. At International PharmaScience Center (IPC) in Copenhagen (Ørestaden) we are a very international company which comprises of approximately 40 nationalities and approximately 1/3 of our employees coming from Sweden, crossing the bridge every day.
Ferring was founded in 1950 and today we employ more than 6,500 people worldwide. We have operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and we market our products in 140 countries.
PharmaScience Center (IPC)
Ferring International PharmaScience Center
Kay Fiskers Plads 11
2300 Copenhagen S
Tel: + 45 88 33 88 34
Fax: + 45 88 33 88 80